- Ph.D. in Chem. Eng., Chem. Eng Dept. of Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
- M.Sc. in Information Systems, Univ. of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Diploma in Chem. Eng., Chem. Eng Dept. of Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Areas of expertise:
- Advanced materials synthesis technologies
- Hydrogen and "Clean Energy" technologies
- Emission control technologies
Dr. George Karagiannakis, is a Chemical Engineer (Dipl. Chem. Eng. Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki, 1999; Ph.D., M.Sc. I.S., Univ. of Macedonia, 2004, Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki, 2005). His research activities are mainly in the areas of water splitting thermochemical cycles, synthesis of tailored-made sub-micron particles via aerosol-based and solid- and liquid-phase self propagating high temperature synthesis techniques as well as electrocatalytic processes and desulphurization of liquid and gaseous fuels. During his professional/research career, Dr. Karagiannakis has participated in more than 10 competitive EU- and nationally-funded research projects and has authored more than 20 publications in International Refereed Journals and Conference Proceedings. He is a member of the Aerosol and Particle Technology Laboratory since October 2006.