- Ph.D. in Chem. Eng., Chem. Eng Dept. of Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Diploma in Chem. Eng., Chem. Eng Dept. of Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Areas of expertise:
- Design and development of reactor/separator setup units
- Development of aerosol management and characterization system
- Effects of nanoparticle exposure to the environment and human health
Dr. Akrivi Asimakopoulou is a Chemical Engineer (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2001) with a PhD in Chemical Engineering (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2006). She is experienced in experimental work, analytical methods and theoretical assessment in transport phenomena. During her PhD thesis, Dr. Asimakopoulou has extensively studied, in a theoretical as well as in an experimental basis, the mass transfer phenomena in boundary layers taking place during liquid-liquid membrane-based extraction inside a hollow fiber membrane module concluding in a mass transfer correlation and in recommendations for the process design and the performance optimization upon the selection of the operating conditions.
Her current activities are related to the design and development of reactor/separator setup units, the development of management and characterization systems of industrial aerosols and the study of the effects of nanoparticle exposure to the environment and human health.She joined the Aerosol and Particle Technology Laboratory in January 2007.